I don’t even know anymore.
|me:||wow i have so much work to do|
|me:||--goes on tumblr--|
|me:||--watches a movie--|
|me:||--writes a novel--|
|me:||--teaches myself sitar--|
|me:||--climbs a mountain--|
|me:||why am i not getting anything done|
Literary Birthday - 28 April
Happy Birthday, Terry Pratchett, born 28 April 1948
12 Quotes On Writing
- Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one.
- You can’t build a plot out of jokes. You need tragic relief. And you need to let people know that when a lot of frightened people are running around with edged weaponry, there are deaths. Stupid deaths, usually. I’m not writing ‘The A-Team’ - if there’s a fight going on, people will get hurt. Not letting this happen would be a betrayal.
- Writing is the most fun you can have by yourself.
- Fantasy is an exercise bicycle for the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I could be wrong.
- I have to write because if I don’t get something down then after a while I feel it’s going to bang the side of my head off.
- You can’t die with an unfinished book.
- I’ve always felt that what I have going for me is not my imagination, because everyone has an imagination. What I have is a relentlessly controlled imagination. What looks like wild invention is actually quite carefully calculated.
- No one’s policing their own minds more than an author. You spend a lot of time in your own head analysing what you think about things, and a philosophy comes.
- In the first book of my Discworld series, published more than 26 years ago, I introduced Death as a character; there was nothing particularly new about this - death has featured in art and literature since medieval times, and for centuries we have had a fascination with the Grim Reaper.
- Five exclamation marks, the sure sign of an insane mind.
- I’ll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there’s evidence of any thinking going on inside it.
- They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it’s not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
And one more on life: I believe it should be possible for someone stricken with a serious and ultimately fatal illness to choose to die peacefully with medical help, rather than suffer.
Pratchett is an English author of fantasy novels who was awarded the World Fantasy Life Achievement Award in 2010. He is best known for the Discworld series. Pratchett has sold more than 70 million books in 37 languages. He was appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) and was knighted for services to literature in the 2009 New Year Honours. Pratchett announced that he was suffering from early-onset Alzheimer’s disease in 2007.
i’m a lazy butt so i tried out colors before it had a proper lining
sorry for inactivity recently real life problems cut off my internet and will be cutting it until i graduate high school or smth i dont know
i’m just sneaking on the desktop to post this then i’ll be gone again
that said i dunno if i can finish this properly without being able to search for references online… oh well
|The Lovely Bones:||The Lovely Potato|
|Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows:||Harry Potter and the Deathly Potato|
|Rise of the Guardians:||Rise of the Potato|
|Wreck-It Ralph:||Wreck-It Potato|
|City of Ember:||City of Potato|
|The Avengers:||Potato Avengers|
|Pitch Perfect:||Potato Perfect|
|Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief:||Percy Jackson and the Lightning Potato|
|Back to the Future:||Back to the Potato|
|Alice in Wonderland:||Potato in Wonderland|
|Super 8:||Super Potato|
|The Secret World of Arrietty:||Secret World of Potato|
|Spirited Away:||Spirited Potato|
|The Lord of the Rings:||The Lord of the Potato|
|Crazy, Stupid, Love:||Crazy, Stupid, Potato|
|I Am Number Four:||I Am Potato Four|
|Star Wars:||Potato Wars|
|The Adventures of Tintin:||The Potato of Tintin|
|Happy Feet:||Potato Feet|
|In Time:||Potato Time|
|Sucker Punch:||Potato Punch|
|Rise of the Planet of the Apes:||Rise of the Planet of the Potato|
|Fast Five:||Fast Potato|
|Clash of the Titans:||Potato of the Titans|
|Resident Evil:||Potato Evil|
|A Perfect Getaway:||A Potato Getaway|